Today Texas Governor Abbott issued an Executive Order removing the face mask mandate in Texas and eliminating capacity restrictions for all businesses operating in Texas effective Wednesday, March 10, 2021.
Notwithstanding the Governor’s Order, businesses may still limit capacity or implement safety protocols at their own discretion.
Immediate Next Steps for ALL Texas Businesses:
- Determine whether employees working at your place of business (i.e., not working from home) should wear face masks.
- Determine whether employees working at various locations (i.e., in the field, customer locations) should wear face masks.
- Even if you determine that your employees do not need to wear face masks, you need to provide a policy to prepare employees that work at customer locations or other sites that may mandate face masks.
- Determine whether customers and visitors that enter your business locations should wear face masks.
- Determine whether you want to limit employee and/or customer capacity.
Regardless of your choices to these decisions, each business must be prepared to communicate its decisions to employees, customers, vendors, and suppliers. If you need any signs, policies, or guidance on these changes, we are here to help!